Are you new to Bangkok? Or moving here soon? The American Women's Club of Thailand offers just what you need to feel at home ~ whether it's seeing the sights, learning something new, making friends, contributing your time to worthy causes, or just having fun ~ there's a place for you at AWC. Let us help you make this amazing city of Bangkok the best experience of your life! Any woman living in Thailand, any nationality, is welcome to join our organization. To become a member of AWC, click here. To learn more about AWC, download the flyer.
US Ambassador's wife Jacqueline Davies (center) was recently presented with a Scholarship recipient in honor of her time as Honorary President of the AWC. Jennifer Sparks and Cindy Shotliff, Co-Presidents on behalf of AWC members.
The AWC and its members are very involved in the local community. We believe each of us can make a difference! Our Scholarship Program awards more than 2 million baht annually in scholarships to at least 400 students in 31 targeted schools across rural Thailand. To learn more, visit this page. To support a student now, click here and follow the steps.
Our members love to take advantage of a variety of club activities, such as book club, lunches, classes, or local outings. (View the Calendar of Activities) Please contact the AWC Board & Committee members if you have any questions or just want to know more.
OUR WEBSITE! Members can update their information, view other members in the online directory, and sign up for club activities. All this and more, with AWC Online. Contact the Online Team if you encounter problems, broken links or you just want to make a comment.
What's on @ AWC..
- Walking Tour of US Embassy, Thurs, Oct 18th ~ Tour the US Embassy compounds and Wireless Road area with Paul Jorgensen. Don't miss out! FULLY BOOKED
- Couples Soirée, Thurs, Oct 18th ~ Join the special Chinese-themed couples evening for AWC members and their partners at Yesterday Once Again.
- Brown Bag Book Club, Tues, Oct 30th ~ Read it then come share your thoughts on this month's book, "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett. NEW
- Thai House Tour & Lunch, Tues, Oct 30th ~ Let's visit Khun Preeda's lovely Thai home and learn about blue-and-white porcelain as well as rosewood furniture.
- Bangkok Forensic Museum, Thurs, Nov 1st ~ This is one of the most unusual museums in the world and not for the squeamish. Do join us!
- Expat Life Writer's Workshop, Fri, Nov 2nd ~ An ideal opportunity to find out more about writing for a magazine.
- Melbourne Cup 2018, Tues, Nov 6th ~ AWC is making arrangements for a couple of tables so we can be together for this exciting annual event by ANZWG.
- Scholarship's English Camp, Fri–Sun, Nov 9–11th ~ An amazing experience for the young women in AWC's Scholarship Program... and the volunteers who go along to help.
- November Harvest Gathering, Thurs, Nov 15th ~ Let's share a potluck lunch to show gratitude for all our wonderful friends.